2015-2017 ITOC Council Goals
The ITOC Council has identified the following goals which will be carried out during their 2015-2017 term.
- Revitalize the presence of ITOC through active engagement in the following areas:
- ITOC website presence
- ITOC Facebook page
- ITOC Google Group (transition from Yahoo Groups)
- Monthly vlogs from the ITOC council
- Article submission(s) for the RID VIEWS
- Create a sense of solidarity and belongingness for interpreters from traditionally marginalized ethnic backgrounds by actively holding brave spaces for networking and professional discussion.
- Foster and recognize the talents within the ITOC community by seeking and prioritizing interpreters and transliterators of color as presenters during ITOC forums at regional and national conferences.
- Disseminate a member survey to have the ITOC membership provide feedback on the direction of ITOC for upcoming years.
- Find more ways to fundraise to be able to provide scholarships for interpreters/transliterators of color to attend conferences.
2015-2017 ITOC Council Members
Stephanie Chao, ITOC Chair
Michon Shaw, ITOC Vice Chair
Kristeena Thaten, ITOC Secretary/Treasurer
(Picture coming soon)
Vacant, ITOC Region 1 Representative
Hijrah Hamid, ITOC Region 2 Representative
Vacant, ITOC Region 3 Representative
Vacant, ITOC Region 4 Representative
Bob LoParo, ITOC Region 5 Representative