The call for nominations for the following ITOC council positions is now open!
2015-2017 positions open for nomination:
- Vice Chair
Nomination Information for the ITOC Council
- Nominations require the signatures of no less than ten (10) Member Section members.
- Nomination forms will be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2015
- Ballot: Ballots will be sent electronically to voting members by May 1, 2015
- Contested Elections: Contested elections shall be determined by plurality of those eligible and voting. In the event of an uncontested election, the presiding officer of the member section shall cast one ballot for the nominee.
- Elections Results: Election results and vote counts will be made known to the candidates and to the board of directors within thirty (30) days of the election.
- The ITOC Officers (Chair, Vice- Chair and Sect/Treasurer) are collectively referred to as a Member Section council.
Two year period beginning at the conclusion of the 2015 RID National Conference and concluding at the end of the 2017 RID National Conference.
- The Chair, Vice-Chair and Secretary/treasurer ITOC shall comprise the Interpreters and Transliterators of Color Council and members of the Member Section Council.
- Each officer shall have been a member in good standing in the RID, Inc. for one year prior to their election.
- Officers shall maintain their membership in good standing in both RID, Inc. and the Interpreters and Transliterators of Color during their 2 year term of office.
a. The Chair shall be a certified member in good standing of the RID, Inc. and a member in good standing of the Interpreters and Transliterators of Color.
b. S/he shall conduct all meetings.
c. Submits comprehensive financial and activity reports to the ITOC members and to the RID Board of Directors as outlined in the Member Section Policy.
d. The Chair shall represent the Interpreters and Transliterators of Color to the RID, Inc. Community, and its standing and ad hoc committees, or s/he may appoint a representative.
e. S/he shall represent the Interpreters and Transliterators of Color to other organizations under direction of the RID, Inc. Board of Directors or s/he may appoint a representative.
f. Belongs and participates on Member Section Council yahoogroup.
g. Acts as liaison between members of ITOC and the RID Board of Directors.
h. Maintains other powers as assigned by the RID Board or the ITOC Council.
i. The Vice Chair shall be a certified member in good standing of the RID, Inc. and the Interpreters and Transliterators of Color.
j. Shall conduct the Chair's duties if the Chair cannot complete his/her duties.
k. S/he shall act as the liaison to any committees
l. Belongs and participates on Member Section Council yahoogroup.
m. Other duties as proscribed by members.
n. The Secretary/Treasurer shall be a certified or associate member in good standing of the RID, Inc. and the Interpreters and Transliterators of Color.
o. S/he shall keep and maintain a full and accurate record of all general and officers meetings and accurate accounting of all funds and submit them to the Chair in accordance of the due date stated within the Members Section Policy.
p. S/he shall make an accounting report at all General meetings
We encourage you to nominate ITOC members so that ITOC can continue to function FOR the membership.